Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- His forthright, amiably assertive manner perhaps appealed to some readers.
- She amiably offered a smile in return, which pleasantly surprised him.
- They sit amiably in front of a coffee table made from a knee-high stack of animation cels.
- He amiably volunteered to make an appointment for me with the minister.
- She was kissing his face amiably as if he were her savior, taking her away from her disappearing world.
- His movie is like a cork bobbing amiably on waves of lightness and unforced gaiety.
- The two then parted ways amiably.
- We were able to get along amiably throughout the entire trial, down to the last closing argument.
- This character's role is merely to grin amiably, like the servants in old Hollywood films.
- We were talking so amiably that I found myself enjoying being with you as I never had before.