Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- There is a procedure to do that with minor power lines - that is, those of less than 100 megavolt amperes and 110 kilovolts.
- The energising coils, through which several hundred amperes of current flows, remains at minus 269 degrees centigrade with the help of about 300 litres of liquid helium in a special vessel called cryostat.
- Low conductivity usually indicates a small current flow, but when the total conductivity is calculated over the whole Earth's surface the atmospheric conductivity is quite large, and an appreciable current of about 2000 amperes flows.
- Just as an ampere is a unit of electric current, a magneton is a unit of magnetic dipole moment.
- Now we've a problem in our experiment and that is, we have these large magnets which require 14,000 amperes of current at 1000 volts, which we get off the mains and we run it full bore.
- The more copper and iron in the alternator, the less heat is generated, and more kilovolt amperes are capable of being produced.
- Just a couple hundred amperes of electricity makes it hot,’ he says.
- Why should I worry about how many amperes of electricity it takes to run an appliance?
- A supply's capacity to provide 12V power is measured in amperes, or amps.
- At its core are four electronic high-performance loads, each of which can handle a maximum current of 50 amperes.
- As the need to backup mission critical kilowatts grows, the amperes also grow.
- Welding current can reach several thousand amperes at short circuit.
- You can calculate the number of watts required by any given device by multiplying the usual voltage times the number of amperes the appliance draws.
- If it has one or more fuses rated above 20 amperes, someone may have tried to avoid power outages by substituting higher amperage fuses.
- As a result, they may be rated for 15 amperes, but they may trip at 8 or 10 amperes, because of their design, but if a circuit breaker trips at a server farm, the whole farm could go down.
- The amount of power used is only a few micro amperes, but the frequency of the current can vary from 5 to 2,000 Hz.
- For any object conducting electricity, one can define the resistance in ohms as the ratio of the electrical potential difference applied to the object to current passing through it in amperes.
- The #16 gauge wire is rated to carry 13 amperes, as compared to the formerly-used # 18 gauge cords that were rated for 10 amperes.
- Where the conventional gyro consumes a substantial amount of electrical power the GPS compass operates from the boat's 12 volt DC bus drawing less than 2 amperes.
- The tether exploited about 1 ampere at 3500 volts of electricity.