Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- They found the samples contained anaerobic bacteria that grew on sugars and proteins in total absence of oxygen.
- Sugar availability is one of the elements required to support anaerobic metabolism.
- River water begins to putrefy when lack of oxygen promotes the growth of anaerobic bacteria, which produce the tell-tale smell of stale water.
- Below the depth of oxygen penetration life is restricted to anaerobic bacteria.
- These results show that storage starch in pondweed stems is the main substrate for anaerobic respiration.