The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de antepasado
1(forefather)antepasado masculinoantepasada femenino
- A smaller unit is the lineage, a kin group of four or five generations descended from a male ancestor traced though the male line.
- Yet evolution predicts not just successions of forms, but also genetic lineages from ancestors to descendants.
- The family unit has at its head the ancestors followed by the grandparents, the father, the wives and then the children.
- The white race is anyone directly descended from our European ancestors.
- All our remote ancestors were prehistoric and studying them is one way of understanding our own origins and evolution.
- Every now and then oversees visitors will drop in and it always winds up they sometimes are tracing ancestors or relatives.
- There are stories my mother has told me of the degradations that my grandparents and their ancestors had to go through.
- She said 1,000 years ago it was a piece of marshy ground forming part of the disputed kingdom of Glamorgan ruled over by descendants of her ancestor Rhodri the Great.
- Visiting the remote village where her ancestors lived, Syal retrieves a stone from the ruined family home - now a cowshed.
- In principle, all the descendants of a seventh-generation ancestor are members of one extended family.
- They have a daughter Valerie, as well as two sons, one of whom is the ancestor of the evil Elliot Stokes of 1970.
- Did the fact that Welsh kinship in general recognized the claims of a wider family, descending from a more remote ancestor, lead to more bitter disputes here?
- Like other farmers in the region, Eysteinn viewed his own position in the region within the context of his ancestors and future descendants.
- The ancestors watch over their descendants, punishing or rewarding them for their behavior.
- Respect for ancestors, grandparents, and elders remains a key element in creating and demonstrating the right attitude.
- Her lack of respect and love for her ancestors, many of whom share a lived memory of Hitler, is appalling.
- In other words, we come into the world bearing with us an archetypal endowment which enables us to adapt to reality in the same way as our remote ancestors.
- Nicci knew he would be nothing like his ancestors whom she had long ago met.
- It was transmitted to me that I was seeing my ancestors, whom I had often thought about.
- Why was he dating someone whom his ancestors told him would only be his downfall?
2(forerunner)antecesor masculinoantecesora femenino
- This solution is the ancestor of many versions of platonism in mathematics.
- The oud is a popular instrument; it is an ancient stringed instrument that is the ancestor of the European lute.
- An ancient stringed instrument, it is an ancestor of the European lute.
- It is played on the oud (an ancestor of the lute) and the rebaba (a one-stringed instrument).
- It was placed there out of the conviction that it was the ancestor, however remote, of the American constitution and the bill of rights.
- They evolved from a common ancestor but for both nations to play each other at all a hybrid set of rules has had to be devised.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!