Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The science fiction fascination with robots and androids is the culmination of this perception of machines as being almost like one of us.
- Modern Science Fiction abounds with intelligent robots and androids, both good and bad.
- In the simplest, we have robots or androids who can think but who cannot feel joy, grief, guilt or jealousy.
- The androids and robots were confused and scampered down corridors, knocking into things.
- Meet the robot lobster and the android that not only smiles, frowns and blinks but also recognizes people and talks back.
- Ishiguro reckons it might one day be possible to construct an android which passes for human, but only briefly.
- Blogs will transform the human race into a hyper intelligent race of androids able to travel through time and shoot laser beams from their eyes!
- He thought androids more conscientious, and convenient than the humans.
- The wall of fire quickly spread and encircled the androids while giving cover to the retreating humans.
- At about a mile from the house I stopped, knowing the android would be close behind.
- At times, she had even put herself in serious jeopardy just to stop a android criminal.
- The androids hacked the little plastic grenade launcher into small pieces and bound Leslie with so many chains that only her eyes were visible.
- And if androids really do resemble people eventually, then to make a reasonable decision in real time they will still need emotions.
- The future is always depicted as a place where a technical fix has gone wrong, where androids stalk a devastated urban landscape.
- Kinski is about to bring to life a female android as a replacement for Max when he picks up three criminals on the run and the plot kicks off.
- Smith plays Detective Del Spooner, who goes on the trail of an android suspected of murder.
- The twist is that he is an android, living in a society in which the population is strictly controlled.
- One such story sees a man fall in love with an android who cannot love him back.
- Most science-fiction writers have kept the distinction between android and robot fairly clear.
- The android stalked over on stubby legs and stopped next to Glenn's chair.