Learn English Grammar From A–Z
2(lacking vitality)(appearance) anémico(poetry) con poca fuerza(poetry) anodino
- The anemic palate that colours the film - grays, browns, and other hushed earth tones - provide the foreboding backdrop.
- Setup is joyously simple, and DVD performance is good, if not spectacular, but the sound is anaemic, lacking sufficient detail for music and serious clout for movies.
- It is anaemic, lacking in vision, and a generally debate-free zone.
- A few nice, tasteful displays notwithstanding, the overall performance was pretty anemic.
- Their anaemic performance over the last 18 months has come as a surprise even to us.
- Spindle-thin trunks of Douglas fir and western larch stood in anemic, dying thickets, toppling like the flagpoles of small, failed nations.
- But it's also likely to reflect continued weak investment by businesses in new plants and equipment, a factor contributing to the first quarter's anemic performance, economists said.
- Since then, they have experienced three straight seasons of offensive decline, culminating with their anemic performance against the Diamondbacks in the World Series.
- Alternatively, let's say your system performance is really anemic today.
- You know… that's what religion has become, a feeble and anaemic nonsense.
- If the labour movement is weak, anaemic, perhaps crippled, then failure is too close for comfort.
- The picture seems annoyingly soft - some of this may have been intentional in the original production - with weak definition and anemic color.
- The mystery attic boarder wrapped bobby pins in twists of toilet tissue - pale lime, or anemic strawberry - and slipped them under my door after dark.
- An anemic supply chain, poor infrastructure, and government red tape have kept manufacturers away for years.
- The majority are contemporary Spanish hits and may go over well with the hometown crowd - but to an outsider, they sound pretty lame and anaemic.
- I blamed the lack of flowering and the anemic show of leaves on poor soil.
- The ‘roast’ halibut looked a bit anaemic and was served on what is becoming a ubiquitous bland base for fish: leeks, haricots verts and asparagus.
- The walls were painted a pale almost fleshy pink colour (what might be described as anaemic salmon).
- The gentle light at this time of year allows pastel shades room to perform without appearing washed out and anaemic.
- It has worked for a colourless anaemic religion to which men pay lip homage.