Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1angelino masculineangelina femininehe's an Angeleno — es angelino
- Walter Mosley's Easy Rawlins' novels are set in Los Angeles - the city where he grew up - replete with familiar landmarks and references that native Angelenos easily recognize.
- I'm a native Angeleno and had never been to opening day.
- Most Angelenos know that Hollywood uses the L.A. River for car chase scenes.
- As for the Angelinos themselves (I live next door to them,) they already think theirs is the most important city in the state so they will just be happy to have that fact recognized.
- Lessons learned from Hurricane Katrina convinced some Angelinos, who in past wildfires have stayed to the last minute to try to save their homes, to flee.
- Overnight last night the fire doubled in size, impacting residential areas very popular with Angelinos and also many celebrities.
- If you can keep the green-eyed monster in check, take an evening stroll to view the wallet-wincing yachts owned by young and wealthy Angelinos.
- The former Angelenos had relocated their band to New Orleans in June, and unwittingly escaped the wrath of Hurricane Katrina by catching one of the last flights out of Louis Armstrong International Airport on Saturday night, August 27.
- The city demanded that funds spent to revitalize the downtown of skyscrapers and trendy restaurants - the only downtown most Angelenos and tourists ever see - be matched with a certain amount for the unseen downtown, which meant Skid Row.
- In a city where the new is prized over the old - ‘tear down and start afresh ‘is the motto of many wealthy Angelenos - what is driving the new fashion for the past?’
- A fifth of L.A. County ekes by on some sort of welfare, and enough Angelenos are sufficiently pressed that local aid groups have declared a ‘food emergency.’
- That's a daunting figure when you realize that in 1996, according to one state Assembly study, two-thirds of Angelenos lived in households with incomes beneath that level.
- For years, I've been a huge cheerleader on the web for the Civic Light Opera of South Bay Cities, urging Angelenos to drive the modest distance to their very comfortable auditorium.
- Then an L.A. Times poll revealed that most Angelenos had no faith in their leadership either, three-quarters of them wanting an independent body created to handle the scandal.
- Certain articles by the all-white staff acknowledged the difficulties facing black Angelenos, but were not adequately supported with images.
- Since the end of November, Angelenos driving north on the Hollywood Freeway have confronted the ultimate marketing imperative.
- What do Angelenos fear most during this election year?
- I was astonished to find it took an hour to drive there from Hollywood, and suddenly I realized that the Watts riots of 1965 must have seemed as remote to the average Angeleno as if they'd occurred in Santa Barbara.
- So much for the returnees: yet another concurrent subplot involves an Angeleno family planning a wedding.