Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(criticism)reprobación feminineanimadversion on sth — reprobación de algoanimadversion upon sth — reprobación de algo
- I have nonetheless some animadversions concerning the inclusion of some ‘responses’ in Professor Butler's collection and the omission of others.
- Like a performance artist, Keyes riled the crowd up, mixing animadversions on constitutional law with sudden, stentorian salvos against judges.
- The most contentious matter on which the moderates tended to side with Bowdoin and the radicals concerned Bernard's animadversions on crowd action.
- I know he read my column at least once because it so infuriated him, but did he read it again before he put forth his animadversions
- These discoveries provide sharp contrast to the vitriolic animadversions of Walsingham et al.
- He is no less acerbic when pondering under what extraordinary circumstances Trevor Sinclair came to be picked for the England football team, an animadversion with which all right-thinking fans concur.
- When a man accepts a public place, he ought to calculate that he will be subject to public animadversion and should act with magnanimity.
- If the work is so daring as to merit public animadversion, the magistrate summons the printer, who either stands mute or names the author.
- One nationalist observer noted that Judge Jones ‘has given great disaffection… [and] has brought down severe animadversion on himself.’
- Derrida and Foucault's whole deconstructive enterprise might be seen as an exercise in animadversion on the Western cultural process of translation.
- Such crimes would have deserved the animadversion of the magistrate; but in this promiscuous outrage, the innocent were confounded with the guilty, and Alexandria was impoverished by the loss of a wealthy and industrious colony.
- As Madison wrote, a government which is 'elective, limited, and responsible' to the people requires 'a greater freedom of animadversion' than one not so structured.
2(observation)observación femininecomentario masculineanimadversion on sth — observación acerca de algo
— comentario acerca de algoanimadversion upon sth — observación acerca de algo
— comentario acerca de algo