Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The heat of welding will anneal the copper in the heat-affected area adjacent to the weld and reduce the strength provided by cold working.
- He says bright annealed stainless steel is generally specified for medical applications.
- The cold rolling process required that the steel be annealed or softened to keep the metal flexible and not brittle.
- Ferritic and pearlitic malleable irons are both produced by annealing white iron of controlled composition.
- After extrusion, the tubes are annealed to remove the work hardening and provide the softness or limpness needed for good collapsibility.
- The ‘EZ Beader’ from PARAGON is a new bead kiln designed to anneal glass beads to prevent breakage during cooling.
- Following welding the weldment should be annealed and then heat treated to the desired strength level.
- After being annealed, the work metal is quenched in water to free it from particles of the salt mixture.
- The modern range of machinery includes five-axis HSC centres and stretch forming machines, annealing furnaces and chemical milling plants.
- If machining is required the weld deposits should be annealed and heat treated after machining.
- The template and primer were annealed by briefly heating at 80°C and cooling to room temperature.
- Mattinson's idea was to first heat or anneal the zircons, sealing off the least damaged areas of the crystal, then using a strong reagent, hydrofluoric acid, to eat away the heavily damaged areas.
- The most common heat treatments of gray iron are annealing and stress relieving.
- The white irons of suitable composition can be annealed to give malleable cast iron.
- Unlike annealed stampings, fully hardened electroforms need no heat treating - a process that can distort finished shapes.
- For the high-silicon nodular irons, high-temperature heat treatment is advised in all cases to anneal any pearlite and stabilize the casting against growth in service.
- In heat treatable alloys, annealing also may be accompanied by precipitation and changes in solute concentration.
- Welding of cold-worked alloys anneals the heat-affected zone and eliminates the strength produced by cold working.
- The weldment must be stress relived or annealed after welding.
- Beta annealing is done at temperatures above the transus of the alloy being annealed.