Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1US(commentator)comentarista masculine, feminine
- It's usually professional radio and television announcers and reporters that elicit criticism.
- It is purely bias for radio announcers and talk show hosts to attack anti war protesters.
- Viewers wrote to say that they no longer felt alone when they had Iris for company, such was the power of television announcers of the time.
- None of the radio announcers or engineers could have imagined the challenge before them.
- There was a time when BBC radio announcers wore tuxedos on the air, knowing of course that no one would ever see them.
- I was working as a radio announcer in RTE, and the shift work and the commute to and from work drained me of any excess energy.
- The radio announcers were trying to act encouraging as they informed the listeners that all of Toronto was in a blackout situation.
- In the early days of television, announcers looked into a camera and essentially read the news wires into it.
- The broadcasts are produced by separate crews, announcers and field reporters.
- On television channels today, in-vision continuity announcers are few and far between.
- It seemed similar to when we went from radio to TV and just put a camera in front of radio announcers and called it TV.
- Even woeful diction can be excused, since, in the mad rush to expand radio, good announcers were not easy to come by.
- On Spanish national radio, announcers are counting the days until Spain reaches the final.
- It used to be that radio announcers underwent years of training before being allowed on air.
- We were listening to the radio and the announcer listed songs he'd be playing within the hour.
- He clicked a dial on the dashboard and the clear, low voice of a radio announcer filled the car.
- The announcer on the radio this morning had forecast that the storm would last until late this evening.
- When I was a boy, my aunt, then a radio announcer, declined my request to play this tune on air.
- The announcer of prizes was Bob Danvers-Walker, the veteran Pathé newsreel commentator.
- The announcer began introducing the players on the Belarus team and then the US team.
2British(between programs)locutor de continuidad masculinelocutora de continuidad feminine