The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of anulación
- An annulment is a Church ruling that the marriage was invalid.
- A growing number of young couples are applying for annulments, because it is cheaper and quicker than getting a divorce.
- With a media blitz on who's dating whom, broken engagements, new engagements, marriages, and annulments, the world has seemed to turn its focus on love.
- Her marriage to her campaign manager had landed her with some heavy baggage, if only in the eyes of those who considered the Catholic Church's policy on annulments hypocritical.
- In the area of family law, meanwhile, it says that people can expect to wait between six and nine months for judicial separations, divorces, annulments and appeals.
- The Roman Catholic Church still refuses to recognise divorce, but does recognise annulments, which are granted on a much smaller scale in Ireland every year.
- More than 5,000 annulments were granted annually; the beneficiaries included President Ricardo Lagos.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!