Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Meanwhile, copper atoms in the positive anode give up electrons and dissolve into the electrolyte solution as copper ions.
- Gaseous hydrogen and oxygen flow separately around either side of two electrolytic plates serving as anodes and cathodes.
- As soon as the circuit of the lead storage battery cell is closed and the cathode and anode are connected, the reaction begins and electrons flow from the anode to the cathode.
- At one electrode, the anode, molecules of hydrogen gas break down into electrons and positively charged hydrogen ions.
- One is a photosensitive cathode which emits electrons when exposed to light and the other is an anode which is maintained at a positive voltage with respect to the cathode.