The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of ungir
- According to some reports, when they returned two days later to anoint his body, they found the tomb empty.
- The women speculate on the stone and who will move it for them so they can anoint the body.
- One traditional practice that is part of this belief system is anointing one's body with butter or ghee, a clarified butter used for cooking and other purposes.
- Ritually anointing our hands is both a symbol of the renewal of creation as well as a spiritual cleansing in preparation for the work of the new day.
- He begins by accepting the very dubious identification of her with the ‘woman who was a sinner’ and who anointed the feet of Christ.
- For example, the body might first be anointed with oil to prevent water from seeping through the skin.
- Achilles goes out to the wagon and takes two capes and a shirt for Hector's body, ordering his men to clean and anoint the body before Priam sees it.
- When Mary Magdalene went to Jesus's tomb to anoint the body, she was shocked to find it empty.
- An unsteady faith leads us back to the tombs, as it led Mary in her desire to anoint Jesus once more in death.
- He sprinkled some of it on the altar seven times, anointed the altar and all its utensils, and the layer and its base, to sanctify them.
- The bishop's prayer that speaks of the layer of regeneration of the Holy Spirit is given next as he lays a hand on the new Christians and anoints them on the forehead with holy oil.
- Oil was used for anointing the objects in the tabernacle setting them apart for Gods use.
- After death, bodies are rubbed and anointed to remove rigor mortis.
- The first episode of the passion account is that of a nameless woman who anoints Jesus for burial, correctly recognizing his kingly identity and his approaching death.
- Deeply ashamed and motivated by love and repentance, she anoints Jesus with oil and washes his feet.
- Moses then took the anointing oil, anointed the Tabernacle, and all that was within it and consecrated it.
- The Rev Derek Wooldridge anointed the baby with oil at her hospital bedside in Leeds before a donor was found.
- In front of the altar, the priest anoints the child with the ‘oil of joy’ (blessed olive oil) on the forehead, breast, shoulders, ears, hands, and feet.
- Following baptism, the child is anointed with a special oil and dressed in new clothing.
- The priest anointed me with the oil of confirmation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!