Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1contestador (automático) masculine
- It's not the prettiest phone in the world but my main desire was a cordless phone with an answerphone and speed-dial and this was the cheapest one of those.
- The device is a telephone, answerphone, fax, personal organiser and monitor, with email facilities, all rolled into one.
- If you telephone us, please talk to the answerphone!
- Ownership of other communication links such as answerphones, fax, and internet are all likely to increase too, and this will add to the problems of contacting householders by phone.
- As is usual with the house phone, I leave it to go onto the answerphone - anyone worth talking to will start leaving a message and if I want to talk to them then I can pick it up and do so.
- I was just online and the downstairs phone rang, and the answerphone kicked in.
- And he said that sales came through the human touch rather than relying on answerphones and other machines.
- ‘Why did you leave a message on my answerphone?’
- As it happens, I have an answerphone and Caller ID, but disproportionate numbers of elderly or infirm people don't, and harassment is harassment.
- Returning from work, I find a message from a cheery-sounding woman on my answerphone.