Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- These familiar antacids were medicine chest staples.
- This medicine contains antacids that can keep other medicines from working properly if the 2 medicines are taken too close together.
- For example, antacids, antibiotics, and oral contraceptives alter your body's absorption of several B vitamins.
- Acidity may cause mouth ulcers and it is easily diagnosed and treated with antacids.
- If antacids don't work, or if large quantities of antacid are needed to be effective, a pharmacist may recommend a more powerful medication.
- The Pharmacy stocks a number of antacid preparations.
- Examples of antacid brands include Rennies and Gaviscon.
- Of course over-the-counter antacid pills (cimtidine and ranitidine) are available, but I really prefer to avoid possible side-effects they may cause.
- This effect, called effervescence, is found in many commercial antacid products which use sodium carbonate as an active ingredient.
- Doctors gave him a variety of medication including antacid tablets for suspected indigestion and over-the-counter painkillers.