Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(ant bear)oso hormiguero masculine
- In South America, anteaters evolved long sticky tongues that enable them to feed on ants and termites.
- As the name suggests, anteaters eat ants and termites in vast quantities, sometimes up to 30,000 insects in a single day.
- The prey of anteaters adheres to their long, sticky tongues.
- The rainforest started to return - as did its creatures - deer, anteaters, capybaras and eagles.
- But anteaters with longer tongues found more ants and so were able to better survive to have more, and healthier offspring.
2scaly anteaterpangolín masculine