Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(esp en relación con la guerra civil norteamericana) prebélico
- How democratic was the Democratic Party in the South during the antebellum and Civil War periods?
- Parallels to antebellum America have been made repeatedly.
- The antebellum decades were not all that terrific either.
- The antebellum South was famous for its militarism.
- In many respects it bears almost no relation to the type of state-sanctioned endemic slavery that existed in Ancient Rome and the antebellum American South.
- In colonial and antebellum America, slaves could buy their freedom, but only with the acquiescence of their masters.
- The antebellum South was a society founded on the traditional family of husband, wife, and children.
- The slave narrative is the best single source we have for the lived experience of bondage in the antebellum period.
- We had heirloom roses growing in our backyard that locals said had been planted during the antebellum days.
- History buffs will want to visit the restored antebellum plantation house located to the north-east of Bradenton.
- South Carolina is a state of palm trees, antebellum homes and genuine Southern charm.
- It's interesting to me, Valerie, that you would choose to write about the antebellum era.
- It may be that this story is unique to Louisiana in the late antebellum period, but this would hardly lessen the volume's significance.
- His research explores the question of economic development within the slave economies of the antebellum American South.
- Houses from the nineteenth century are similar to antebellum architecture of the American South, with verandas and classical columns.
- The residents who profited most from Virginia's antebellum society, however, fought the hardest to maintain it.
- The antebellum Southeast was without electricity, recorded music, television, movies, or radio.
- The town's older buildings have gradually disappeared, but some physical reminders of the antebellum era remain.
- During the last decades of the antebellum period, indeed, nearly half of Virginia's white migrants moved north.
- The authors assert that the tariff was a crucial, if not the main, economic source of divisiveness during the antebellum era.