Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural antelopes, plural antelope
- In South Africa, where an antelope called the bluebuck went extinct 200 years ago, three other big mammals have been brought back from the brink.
- In eastern Africa, they mostly hunt Thomson's gazelles, but they will also attack calves, warthogs, zebras, impalas, and the young of large antelopes such as the gnu.
- First described 200 years ago it is also now one Africa's most endangered antelopes despite being one of the most reproductive.
- Our fathers used to hunt giraffes, water-bucks and antelopes and eat their meet.
- The lion, sometimes called the King of the jungle, prefers killing antelopes while bushbuck are preferred by leopard.