The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of antesala
- Beethoven claimed to Goethe that he had rapped Rudolph over the knuckles for keeping him waiting in an anteroom, and doubtless the composition lessons became increasingly irksome.
- Instead, in one corner there is the monitor of a closed-circuit television showing the area in front of the entrance, the waiting room, the anteroom and the room itself.
- Upstairs, I go first into the library, a little anteroom off the master bedroom.
- In one of its anterooms, an American camera crew are setting up lights and microphones; out on the veranda, meanwhile, one of the world's most famous rock musicians is taking in the sun.
- Funeral parties mingle in confusion in anterooms whispering ‘Whose funeral are you here for?’
- There I found a special reception desk (to ward off visitors rather than welcome them) and was shown into an anteroom.
- The building was simply decorated and deserted, except for a monk white-washing the walls of an anteroom.
- When he was gone she rushed upstairs and plopped down on a sofa next to a reading lamp in the anteroom and opened the folded paper.
- Between courses each diner is invited to an anteroom to record their opinions about the other guests.
- The anteroom of his county election headquarters is festooned with cheery signs such as one saying Voting Just Got Easier.
- On Monday morning Julie, Marco and Ben were in the orphanage anteroom sharp at eleven, complete with carry-cot, nappies and bottle.
- And she did it while sitting in the Prime Minister's anteroom!
- Set on five acres, there is a reception hall, drawing room, anteroom, dining room, kitchen, pantry, four bedrooms and a bathroom.
- His rearrangement of the furniture left an important room, the anteroom to the drawing room, without a centrepiece.
- The bedrooms are linked to the bathrooms, dressing rooms, libraries and anterooms.
- The anteroom resembled an office replete with a plush couch, several wing-backed chairs and a small desk that prominently displayed a vase filled with purple lilacs.
- It has the character of an anteroom, suggesting that more spacious rooms lie beyond, not just smaller ones.
- He was old and in failing health, but still taking visitors who daily waited in an anteroom for hours for the privilege of speaking with him for a few minutes.
- The staff and I returned to an anteroom where the tape recorder was set up.
- These include a large hall with an elegant stairway leading to the galleried mezzanine floor with its glass roof and a circular library and anteroom with a small open fire.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!