Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Peat is an accumulation of virtually unaltered plant material, while anthracite is nearly pure carbon with little trace of the original plant material.
- Coal is usually classified into the sub-groups known as anthracite, bituminous, lignite, and peat.
- They all burn anthracite there so the sky is orange.
- ‘Unfortunately, Bulgarian coal is lignite, we have no anthracite, no petrol or gas,’ he said.
- Since the mountains of Appalachia were rich in anthracite, a superior grade of coal, the industry grew rapidly.