Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- We can reduce levels of that substance by introducing into the body antibodies that specifically recognize it.
- You have an immune response to the vaccine as your body develops antibodies to the virus.
- An antibody is a protein which recognises a foreign molecule, known as an antigen.
- The levels of immune globulins and of certain antibodies in the blood may indicate a problem in the immune system.
- There were always free antibodies; there were antibodies in the blood for some weeks.
- An antibody is any protein that is released in the body in direct response to infection by an antigen.
- If you've already had it, your body has produced antibodies that fight the virus if you come into contact with it again.
- But if you have hay fever, your body produces antibodies in response to pollen.
- In MS, the fluid may contain white blood cells, high levels of protein and certain antibodies.
- For example, if you are of blood type A, your body will generate antibodies to attack the B protein.
- Secondly, this membrane sheet is treated with a solution containing an antibody to the protein of interest.
- A surprising result [of the research] was that we could even make mice make antibodies to their own proteins.
- New therapies based on proteins and antibodies would stop in their tracks chronic diseases such as cancer.
- Bcells are white blood cells which defend the body against viruses and bacteria by making antibodies.
- When exposed to an antigen, that is a virus or a bacterium, the body produces antibodies.
- A healthy body develops antibodies, which hopefully resist the antigens, by binding on them.
- Local government staff took blood samples from each truckload to test for virus antibodies.
- HIV infection is detected using a blood test that looks for antibodies created by the body as it tries to fight the virus.
- A blood test can detect antibodies to the hepatitis C virus and a positive test shows that you have been infected.
- In its attempt to protect the body, it creates specific antibodies to the food.