Learn English Grammar From A–Z
adjective & adverb
1en sentido contrario a las agujas del reloj
- Slowly, but undeniably, the pendulum starts to change direction, until it is spinning round in an anticlockwise direction.
- The maze was assembled in such a way so as to encourage fish to move in an anticlockwise direction, particularly if the fish stay close to the walls.
- Carry on dealing, in an anticlockwise direction off the bottom of the pack until the remainder is dealt out.
- Using a small amount of additional oil, rub your solar plexus six times in an anticlockwise direction; then stroke the residual oil upward on your stomach with both hands.
- Generally, men and women dance in a circular formation around the deity, in clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
- Wind on the oval tinsel in an anticlockwise direction in wide turns.
- The direction of play is anticlockwise; the player to dealer's right leads to the first trick.
- The pairings of pools sampled at days 21 and 24 after germination are represented by the loop in clockwise and anticlockwise directions, respectively.
- Climbers from northern hemisphere countries are supposed to wind in an anticlockwise direction and those from the southern hemisphere countries are supposed to wind in a clockwise direction.
- Electrons, however, also have a quantum attribute known as spin, which can point in either a clockwise or an anticlockwise direction.
- The pilgrims go around the entire building seven times in the anticlockwise direction.
- Booking rooms in high season would be expensive and uncertain, so I packed a small tent, picked up a hire car from Alghero airport and set off round the coast anticlockwise - the road less travelled.
- The two foxes met broadside, spiralling inwards anticlockwise to touch whiskers before gliding apart in opposite directions.
- The first player takes all the beans from any one of the six cups on his or her side and, moving anticlockwise, adds one bean to each succeeding cup, until all the beans are used up.
- The first hand with a new bank is played clockwise, the second hand anticlockwise, and so on, alternating direction.
- Over the sea, air may move at speeds of more than 300 kph, twisting anticlockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern.
- If four play then the deal is still anticlockwise, but starts with the player opposite the dealer, who will be Master.
- Turn off the heating and use a radiator bleed key - from hardware shops - to turn the shaft anticlockwise for a quarter- or half-turn (don't unscrew it by more than one complete turn).
- This is known as the Coriolis Effect and is why the winds blow clockwise around high pressure and anticlockwise around low pressure in the northern hemisphere and not directly from high to low.
- My stomach lurches as the transport moves in four ways at once - upwards, spinning anticlockwise, listing to port, and decelerating.