The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of anticiclón
- In summer, the weather associated with anticyclones is usually fine and cloud-free.
- All sorts of weather systems can have an impact, dependent on the location, such as mid-latitude cyclones, subtropical anticyclones, monsoon systems, and tropical cyclones.
- In our hemisphere, areas of high barometric pressure, anticyclones, create winds which circulate anticlockwise.
- The South African Weather Service told The Star on Monday that the heat is due to an anticyclone or high pressure system in the upper air.
- During this period favoured locations for centres of anticyclones are the Great Victoria Desert and central New South Wales.
- Institute scientist Jim Salinger said the fine, settled winter weather was caused by more anticyclones than usual across northern New Zealand.
- Stratocumulus is usually a sign of old fronts and is also associated with static anticyclones.
- In polar and sub-tropical regions there are large semi permanent anticyclones (high-pressure areas).
- This anticyclone will dominate the weather scene for the following few days.
- These anticyclones diverted rain-bearing frontal systems away from the country for much of the time and as a result it was a dry but cloudy month everywhere.
- The advancing anticyclone is centred between 35 and 40 degrees South.
- Winter anticyclones usually build westwards from Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.
- A similar weather system occurred at the start of the anticyclone last week and as well as acting as a cooling agent it was a joy to watch.
- He created the term anticyclone and pointed out its importance in weather forecasting.
- Weakening and reduction in the regular size of the Polar anticyclone and its east-wind outflow should cause the temperate low pressure belt to find a zone of activity closer to the polar zones than at present.
- The resident anticyclone continues in its fixed abode.
- The strong anticyclone drifts slowly across the sub-continent during the weekend.
- The low pressure area departed during Thursday as a new anticyclone reached and passed the Cape.
- The anticyclones are spinning in different directions, such that they keep a delicate balance with one another.
- Such wind systems indicate the regular passage of the anticyclones well to the south of the sub-continent.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!