Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1antídoto masculineantidote to sth — antídoto contra algoantidote for sth — antídoto contra algo
- Don't use charcoal tablets that you can buy from pharmacies to treat poisoning yourself - these are for indigestion and flatulence only and the dose is too small to work as an antidote to poisoning.
- We do not know of an antidote to counteract this side effect.
- Furthermore, antidotes to poisons and intensive care may not be available.
- Rei spoke of her clan and family in the mountains, how her father and mother taught her sister and her to make poison, antidotes, and other medicines from herbs and plants that they could find around their village.
- The fruit seems always to have had a curious connection with religion and magic, and a high reputation as medicine, being regarded as an antidote to almost any poison and indeed almost a panacea.
- There is no specific antidote to the mushroom poison.
- There is currently no antidote to ricin poisoning, but people exposed to moderate doses have recovered.
- Before Lain had left the mansion completely she was able to find the antidote to her poison.
- Nitrite is also available for human use as an antidote for cyanide poisoning and is used in meat curing.
- Tea made from the bark has been used as an antiseptic, an antidote to snakebites, a laxative, and a sedative.
- Even toxicity tests were performed by King Mithridates of Persia on both humans and animals to learn more about poisons and their antidotes.
- He ran a relentless crusade against the poison antidote formulated by Mithridates, the King of Pontus, Asia Minor, in the first century BC.
- The film, and the feeling it communicates, is like an antidote to the poison of ideas based on race, or perhaps like a spirited daydream of the way it could be for all us if we were true to ourselves.
- Bezoar stones were found in the intestines of some ruminant animals, especially oriental goats, and like unicorn horn were thought to be an antidote to poison.
- He is accused of attempting to sabotage the eradication plan by giving rats an antidote to the poison used in the eradication.
- They thought it brought good luck, fertility, and protection from witchcraft, and was an antidote to poison.
- It's the antidote to the poison I put in your truffle soup.
- It was originally developed as an antidote to mustard gas in chemical warfare.
- These antidotes may have toxic side effects themselves so they need to be used appropriately.
- Flumazenil is not an antidote for narcotic overdose or for respiratory depression.