Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- All the conjugated peptides were injected together in white rabbits as antigens for antibody production.
- Antibodies are gamma globulins produced by B lymphocytes when antigens enter the body.
- As a result, the patient's immune system would produce antibodies to attack the foreign antigens.
- When the synthetic peptide was used as the antigen, a monoclonal antibody was obtained.
- But Jordi found ways, using antigens and antibodies, to figure it out.
- However, the specificity of antibodies for antigens has a bearing on one of the issues in this case, and it is for that reason that I mention it.
- Immunohistochemistry utilizes antibodies to visualize antigens in sections of tissue under the microscope.
- Antibodies against these five antigens were tested in the sera of all workers and controls.
- This is a complicated process involving antigens and antibodies.
- The immune system of a human can differentiate more than one million different foreign proteins, or antigens.
- Alternate methods of diagnosing pneumococcal disease are based on the detection of bacterial antigens in body fluids.
- Once antibodies have been produced for a particular antigen they tend to remain in the body.
- These cells have the potential to present tumour-specific antigens and thereby induce an immune response.
- As described above, it allows antigenic variation in its antigens to evade the host immune system.
- The protein acts like an antigen, prompting the immune cells to attack.
- Finally, the target antigens of the locally produced antibodies have not been fully identified.
- Early risk may suggest a mechanism involving an aberrant immune response to cereal antigens in an immature gut.
- Previous transfusions may sensitize patients to foreign platelet antigens.
- A healthy body develops antibodies, which hopefully resist the antigens, by binding on them.
- We varied the surface density of antigens such that we could study the detachment of either single or multiple bonds.