Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- On October 6, thousands of public sector workers held anti-government protests to demand pay increases.
- Yet their only ‘crime’ was to seek to organize peaceful anti-government protests.
- Its definition blurs any distinction between organised violence against civilians and anti-government protest.
- The appalling conditions facing many people had previously fuelled a number of anti-government protests.
- The arrests are certain to fuel anti-government sentiment and protests.
- There were significant anti-government strikes and protests last year.
- The internal security apparatus shut down the radio station in 1975 for its anti-government propaganda.
- How do you effectively represent your opinions if you are inclined to be anti-government or anti-the democratic process in its current form?
- The mainly women workers, who were accompanied by their children, waved red flags and chanted anti-government slogans.
- When asked why the government did not rebut them as it did when anti-government stories appeared, he just shrugged his shoulders.
- He was arrested and tried on trumped-up charges when he began organising anti-government rallies.
- The government declared a state of emergency after three days of anti-government demonstrations.
- As the situation spiralled out of the control of the student leaders, the military was sent in to massacre the anti-government protestors.
- While indulging in anti-government rhetoric at public meetings, he appealed to the courts to install him as a member of the same government.
- Chanting anti-government songs, students from the universities and colleges made bonfires at different points on the road.
- They then resorted to anti-government riots in June and July.
- Workers chanted anti-government and anti-privatisation slogans as they marched through the streets.
- The outfit has funded the distribution of anti-government pamphlets to the tune of $500,000.
- Deepening poverty exacerbated by rising prices and pegged wages will lead to growing anti-government hostility.
- These temporary workers have to sign contracts not to indulge in any anti-government activities nor join any trade unions.