Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The real surprise was that the eponymous anti-hero isn't the central character.
- Unlike the raddled anti-heroes who dominate detective drama, Eddie lives harmoniously with his wife, mother and three daughters; harmoniously, that is, until a handsome stranger turns up on his doorstep claiming to be his son.
- Rather, his heroes are angst-ridden anti-heroes, his stories those of alienated men who unexpectedly find themselves with blood of their own, and others, on their hands.
- Certainly, that's part of what inspired me to make my character a charming anti-hero as well.
- Peer is one of modern drama's first anti-heroes, and Ibsen never tires of bringing out yet another flaw in his character.
- Most of the heroes in our mainstream books, films and comics are anti-heroes who stand apart from the crowd.
- The central anti-hero, Johnny, embodies all that is charming and despicable in a man.
- The character is an anti-hero, and you're supposed to buy the fact that he could kill anyone at any time if it served his purposes.
- What he saw was how Freddie, the central anti-hero, could be brought to life.
- Moreover, it points up the dramatic change in the characterization of the anti-hero.
- It's a dark film, Eastwood keeping his characters in shadows, his anti-hero often caught between light and darkness, there but never quite visible.
- As uncompromising and unpredictable as one of his anti-heroes, Tarantino rejected this demand and instead broke the film into two parts, or, more precisely, two volumes.
- None of Wilder's leading characters, no matter how neat the final denouements of his films sometimes are, were ever anything but anti-heroes.
- It's a book discussing what makes a military leader, and goes through examples of the hero, the anti-hero, the unheroic, and the false heroic.
- But then those who have read the original book will agree that this wonderfully drawn comedy character is a cut above your regular anti-hero.
- Contemporary storytellers have developed an attraction to anti-heroes - protagonists who accomplish important things without the ennobling qualities of traditional heroes.
- In this volatile period, tough-guy anti-heroes, populist salt-of-the-earth protagonists, and debonair dandy heroes shared the spotlight.
- I'm more open to ambiguous protagonists and anti-heroes, so this aspect didn't bother me.
- Thus out of the shattered remains of his previous life, Westlake is reborn, an anti-hero for the ages.
- In a literary sense anti-heroes have always been a way of looking at what's wrong with society at the time.