Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Hay fever or some old fashioned antihistamine treatments with side effect drowsiness can generally impede your life style.
- Your doctor might have you use antihistamine pills, a steroid cream, calamine lotion, or zinc oxide cream.
- If this is not helpful, your doctor may prescribe stronger steroids or antihistamine pills.
- In addition, the placebo effect is even higher when the placebo has some antihistamine effect (similar to the influence of the antidepressant on histamine receptors).
- You can also take antihistamine tablets containing drugs such as cyclizine or cinnarizine to prevent travel or motion sickness.
- The antihistamine drug also gets into your bloodstream and travels through the blood to your brain.
- The antihistamine effects on performance have previously been measured in an actual driving test in normal traffic.
- If you are vomiting a lot, the antihistamine medicine, promethazine, may help.
- Such drugs as antihistamines and tricyclic antidepressants likely exaggerate this proarrhythmic potential.
- When avoidance isn't possible, antihistamine medications may be prescribed to block the release of histamine in the body.
- Symptoms disappeared and antihistamine medication was discontinued on day 4 of the treatment diet.
- Allergic rhinitis is treated with antihistamine drugs or local steroid sprays.
- Your doctor also might prescribe a non-drowsy oral antihistamine or antihistamine eye drops.
- Further treatment is symptomatic and may include topical corticosteroids, oral antihistamines, and oral steroids.
- Research has shown that cold and allergy medications such as antihistamines and decongestants are not helpful in preventing them.
- He or she may recommend additional treatment, such as antihistamines or antibiotics.
- Effective treatments include antihistamine medicines, in the form of tablet or liquid, inhalers, nasal spays and also eye drops.
- Taking antihistamine tablets may also help reduce itching - ask your pharmacist for advice.
- Transfusion should be interrupted until symptomatic relief is achieved following antihistamine administration.
- These agents may also be added to antihistamine therapy.