The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de antipalúdico
- Improving adherence to use of antimosquito measures and antimalarial medications could prevent many cases of malaria.
- It also identifies areas in which malaria is not prevalent to prevent unnecessary use of antimalarial medications.
- Fourthly, the health facility was assessed for availability of antimalarial drugs and malaria treatment wall charts.
- Malaria, iron and antimalarial drugs - new research brings us one step closer
- Completing just a five day course of antibiotics or antimalarial drugs is a rare achievement here.
- I was also introduced to the merits of preventive medicine inoculations, vaccinations, antimalarial drugs, etc.
- By taking precautions against insect bites and completing a prescribed dosing regimen of antimalarial medication, travelers can prevent infection.
- The article advises doctors to roast a tablespoonful of common salt, dissolve it in water, and give it regularly to patients with malaria as ‘an alternative to antimalarial drugs for the permanent cure of malarial fever.’
- Standby treatment consists of a course of antimalarial drugs that travellers to malaria endemic areas can use for self treatment if they are unable to gain access to medical advice within 24 hours of becoming unwell.
- The institute already has links with the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Melbourne and is looking at the molecular basis for resistance to antimalarial drugs and the pathology of malaria.
- Because malaria parasites are increasingly resistant to antimalarial drugs, appropriately counseled travelers to malaria-endemic regions are more likely to contract malaria now than they were 40 years ago.
- Poor adherence with antimalarial drug regimens is well documented in travelers who contract malaria.
- This problem is compounded because the early ring stages of the parasite are less sensitive to conventional antimalarial drugs, including quinine, so sequestration can occur after treatment is started.
- The organisation believes that the pharmaceutical industry is willing to lower the price of antimalarial drugs.
- Case management is also complex and is not limited to giving efficacious antimalarial drugs - it includes proper management of complications such as hypoglycaemia and metabolic acidosis.
- The article warns that the immune response to pre-exposure vaccination may be impaired by concurrent use of antimalarial drugs.
- During the Vietnam War, however, despite research to find better antimalarial drugs or a vaccine, chloroquine-resistent falciparum malaria from Southeast Asia threatened the U.S. armed forces.
- It is likely, however, that long term subsidy will be essential to provide effective, affordable antimalarial drug combinations for all.
- In Thailand three of the most common antimalarial drugs are now useless because of resistance.
- After more than a decade-and-a-half-long search, researchers have identified the gene that makes the most deadly malaria parasite resistant to chloroquine, the former mainstay, low-cost antimalarial drug.
1antipalúdico masculinoantimalárico masculino
- Eleven species were used as antimalarials or antipyretics in all three tropical continents, and 47 species were similarly used in two continents.
- It can be controlled with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antimalarials, steroids and immunosupressants.
- Most of these lives would be saved by increased use of simple curative interventions, such as antimalarials and antibiotics combating dysentery and pneumonia.
- Antibiotics and antimalarials can be effective only if such complications are recognised and adequately treated.
- These potent antimalarials are easier to administer and safer than quinine as they do not cause hyperinsulemic hypoglycemia- a major complication of quinine treatment.
- This approach is sensitive but not specific, so that in areas with intermittent malaria transmission it is common for three quarters of febrile patients to be advised to take antimalarials for a non-malarial illness.
- They tested this by providing prepackaged antimalarials and found that costs went down by 50% and compliance improved by 50%.
- Most children with this life threatening syndrome did well with simple treatments: antimalarials, fluid, and blood.
- This hypothesis needs to be tested by using long acting and short acting antimalarials and studying their effect on immune responses.
- New rapid methods of drug screening hold out the promise of much faster identification of novel antimalarials in the longer term.
- All attempts should be made to ensure that the antimalarials that are accessed are indeed those that work.
- The algorithm used by the strategy may result in overclassification of fever as malaria and hence overuse of antimalarials.
- In general, longer incubation times for primary malarial infections occurred in patients who had recently taken antimalarials and/or had had a previous episode of infection.
- For example, in a disease like lupus, the skin lesions can be treated quite nicely with cortisone-containing creams and oral medications such as the antimalarials.
- If diagnosed early and treated with the appropriate antimalarials, it is easily cured.
- The finding was that there is a significant amount of people who are good guys, let's say, taking the antimalarial, adhering to the recommendation, and despite it, coming back with malaria.
- A combination antimalarial is under development in a single, once daily tablet.
- Mefloquine is the most effective recommended antimalarial, but doxycycline (a tetracycline derivative) is being increasingly used in areas where there is resistance to mefloquine or in patients who have side effects to this drug.
- There are large numbers of antimalarial drugs available to treat the disease.
- We were able to give the child antimalarial drugs and transport him to the nearest hospital, where blood smear examination confirmed that his blood was teeming with malaria parasites.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!