Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- In the enormous densities of the early moments of the Big Bang the result would have been a catastrophic annihilation of matter and antimatter into radiation.
- There is both matter (such as electrons) and oppositely charged antimatter (such as positrons).
- Paul Dirac predicted the existence of antimatter with his relativistic wave equation in 1928.
- He also predicted the existence of antimatter (specifically the antiparticle of the electron) that was later discovered in nature.
- This brief survey of recent Lorentz tests only lists those experiments involving light, ordinary matter, and antimatter.
- The definition of matter and antimatter is purely conventional.
- Theory suggests that, at the moment the universe was created, equal amounts of matter and antimatter were formed.
- What is CP violation and how does it explain the fact that matter outnumbers antimatter in the universe?
- Matter and antimatter just don't mix, so it's surprising that you can probe one with the other.
- Why is the universe made of matter and not equal parts of matter and antimatter?
- Various propulsion schemes have been proposed, from nuclear fusion to antimatter to laser sails.
- When particles of matter and particles of antimatter collide, large amounts of energy are produced as a by-product.
- You wouldn't be able to tell by looking whether the black hole was originally formed by matter, antimatter or green cheese.
- Those equations and present particle physics say that matter and antimatter are equivalent.
- The answer to your question is, thus, clearly yes: matter would be created when antimatter particles collide at high energy.
- He saw how magnetic traps could make antimatter useful in medicine, principally in tumor treatment.
- If matter and antimatter collide, they annihilate each other.
- What everyone actually needs here is a more efficient mobile power source, whether it be cold fusion, lithium air or a matter / antimatter reactor.
- Much like matter and antimatter the two objects would be almost instantly converted to pure energy, generating a massive explosion.
- Mirror matter is not antimatter, it is altogether weirder.