Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- These include busy lizzie, verbena, lobelia and antirrhinum, all of which need warmth to germinate, 15-18'C / 60-65'F, and will need to be potted up and grown on before planting out at the end of May.
- There's Tutti Frutti, a new lupin with bicoloured flower spikes, Tequila Sunrise, a bronze foliaged antirrhinum, and Creme Brulee, a new phlox, all from Thompson and Morgan.
- The weather has been kind so far with warm days and reasonably mild nights, so even the annuals such as antirrhinum and impatiens are managing to stay fresh and full of buds and blooms.
- Antirrhinum species grow best in a fertile, moist, humus-rich soil in a sunny position.
- The colourful, fat tubular flowers of the Antirrhinum, with their snapping 'dragon mouths', have long held a fascination for small children.