Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Initially expected to make a satisfactory recovery from the head injury, she subsequently suffered a stroke that left her with aphasia, diminished cognitive abilities, and a seizure disorder.
- I had not had seizures like this before - not with such severe aphasia, such an inability to ask for help and to help myself.
- He was able to map language centers in the brain by observing lesions in patients suffering from aphasia.
- The stroke also caused a severe expressive aphasia, which left her able to say only two words.
- I'm mindful how fortunate I am that I recovered from aphasia, when for many people who have suffered brain damage the condition can be a permanent state of mind.