Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1colmenar masculineapiario masculine Latin America
- This year Greg is endeavoring to add to his apiary by catching a wild swarm.
- All the honey bees in the apiary have long since been Africanized.
- Before applying insecticides hazardous to bees, operators should check with the Consolidated Farm Service Agency to locate apiaries.
- Together they work the land, supporting a successful raw milk dairy, a community orchard, an apiary, and a medicinal and culinary herb garden.
- The apiary was located 12 km away from the original site to prevent older bees from returning to their original nest site if they recognized the landscape.
- The study was conducted in an apiary in Sheffield, UK, during July 1999.
- In some cases, they could be assigned to another experimental colony as the colonies were all located in the same apiary.
- The colonies were placed in two study apiaries in Grahamstown, South Africa.
- When he was inspector of apiaries, he made the regulation that apiaries should be kept at least 200 metres from the nearest resident and 100 metres from the nearest roadway.
- In the case of an apiary producing honey naturally, however, raising queen bees locally is the best practice.
- The results they produce will be used by the students at the Native American Summer Institute, who maintain an apiary.
- After he retired he used one of the boxes to melt beeswax in support of his apiary.
- They visited a lily garden where they had morning tea, and an apiary where they had afternoon tea.
- He told delegates that beekeeping in Ireland has long been associated with monastic settlements and that one early monastery was named after an apiary.
- Attention refocused on hives at Upper Mill when Councillor Brian Angus, the borough mayor, wore a protective suit to officially open the refurbished apiary on April 9.
- He has kept an apiary for the past 10 years.
- But the man who owns the apiary in question is a fascinating character himself.
- Anecdotal reports suggest that there have been many introductions of new strains of bees to boost the gene bank of the New Zealand apiary industry - even though this was illegal.
- An unusual auction of apiary equipment is set to take place at the Yorkshire Museum of Farming, at Murton Park, York, tomorrow.
- He was also introduced to members of the school's apiary club who produce pounds of honey each year to sell locally.