The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of aplomo
1aplomo masculinewith aplomb — con aplomo
- The Laois girls captured the honours with some degree of aplomb and assurance.
- He went on converting everything, most of them from the most difficult angles with a nerve and aplomb which was simply icy.
- He converted the penalty with aplomb to settle his nerves and give the home side the start they wanted.
- Oozing confidence and poise, the young models walked the ramp with admirable aplomb, in step with music.
- The ensemble cast is bold and enthusiastic, and carries off the accents required of the script with great aplomb.
- He handles the adult characters with equal aplomb, perfectly capturing their ignorance at what their children get up to.
- The English are here and they have announced their arrival in the Portuguese capital with typically jingoistic aplomb.
- Plus, I think I could carry off navy and luminous yellow with aplomb.
- They are sauteing garlic and onion and chopping tomatoes and chillies with aplomb that would shame a sous-chef in Bombay.
- It does need, rather urgently, actors who can pull off action, romance and comedy with equal aplomb.
- It is a film that attempts to succeed on two different levels, and manages it with aplomb on both.
- Wherever required, women salespersons are executing their tasks with aplomb.
- Once you get it moving on a motorway, though, it buzzes along with aplomb.
- The striker, making his debut, put the spot kick away with aplomb.
- He had his lines worked out in advance and he delivered them with aplomb to each and every microphone shoved his way.
- The film, however, is a celebration of marching through all these obstacles with aplomb.
- She handles suspicious cops, docile family lawyers and an ex - army pal of her husband with aplomb.
- Despite the heartache James must be feeling, he's still dancing with aplomb.
- My girls looked a picture as flower girls and performed their roles with aplomb.
- Everything else the press could throw at her was batted back with aplomb.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!