The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Throughout history there have been reports of ghosts, apparitions and spiritual visitations, both angelic and demonic.
- The use of the supernatural in the witches, the visions, the ghost, and the apparitions is a key element in making the concept of the play work and in making the play interesting.
- They thought He was a ghost, a phantasm, an apparition, a spirit, anything except their Master.
- In the case of apparitions, or true ghosts, it's the idea of the human consciousness surviving the death of the body and sticking around and somehow being capable of communicating or interacting with us.
- So, basically, I spent every Saturday for about a year in the NY library researching ghosts, apparitions, synchronicity, paranormal and parapsychology.
- The ghosts aren't malignant apparitions; they're special effects.
- The city was full of Undead - everything from animated skeletons to ghostly apparitions, and zombies.
- She became a shadow of her former self, like a ghost, an apparition that makes the same trip every day unable to finish it, bound to start it all over again.
- His eyes, lazy a second ago, stared at me wildly as if I was a ghost, an apparition.
- He seeks to understand the truth behind the stories of good and bad angels, magic, apparitions, vampires, witchcraft, possession by demons, and the dead who come back to life.
- The scares come from things that go bump in the night rather than from ghostly apparitions making visitations.
- Unless I am establishing an alibi or there are ghostly apparitions hovering next to me, I'm not too bothered at seeing pictures of myself somewhere, but of course I'm too polite to say anything.
- These ghostly floating apparitions ranged from a pristine white - though more often dirtied by lava sand - to the most incredibly deep inky blue.
- These paintings harbour a menagerie of folk-monsters, a phantasmagoria of apparitions that might be beatific angels or might be ghoulish extraterrestrials.
- In front of him stood five ghostly apparitions.
- At this point, you have come to believe that you have a haunted house with bumps, rappings, ghostly footsteps and even apparitions that roam the hallways.
- For those who drove at night a ghostly apparition would sometimes cross their headlight beam, turning towards them its own glaring headlights.
- Miranda, not her, but a ghostly apparition of what she was, rose up on the roof of the car.
- Some ten per cent of the population claim to have seen a ghost or some other apparition that seems completely invisible to others.
- Ghoulish apparitions and spooky spectres are being put under the spotlight at a York tourist attraction.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!