Learn English Grammar From A–Z
Architecture Art Music
- The orchestra provides ‘a resonating environment’ for the melodies and arabesques of the flute.
- Now, however, each melody becomes enwrapped in a vocal arabesque of such complexity that it almost vanishes and the sounds being made are not only intrusive but downright unpleasant.
- The Beauty Pill are a surgically precise band whose compositions perform limber arabesques without losing a step, and Clark's homespun production accentuates every contortion.
- The balance between instruments is especially fine when the inner voices begin to spin their own tentative arabesques.
- The movement had the dreamy, almost improvisatory aura of an arabesque.
- In his late style the backgrounds are light, the register of colour is greatly heightened, and the emphasis is on the decorative design of swirling Rococo arabesques of flowers and foliage.
- Elsewhere in his oeuvre, Aboriginal dot patterns, Islamic arabesques and Chinese fire motifs lend a mystical, ancient aspect to his art.
- The exterior is in typical late Victorian style, the arabesque influences and designs preserved for the interior.
- The latter's designs for arabesques of ironwork for garden gates, are still to be found in the Stifling papers in Glasgow.
- Matisse said he was possessed at this point by a love of line and of the arabesque - ‘those givers of life’ - which stirred his senses and appeased his spirit.
- ‘The arabesque patterns symbolize the five important attributes of the Koran,’ he continues.
- It is to be noted that in ‘classical’ Islamic architecture in Persia, decoration took the form of very geometric carving - arabesque - in intricate patterns, as well as verses from the Koran.
- It is decorated with birds and various animals set against a lush pattern of arabesques - intricate patterns of interlaced lines.
- Yet Matisse continued to work in this trademark style, with its emphasis on arabesque lines, bright colors and decoration, throughout his long artistic life.
- Italian sgraffito designs were mostly scrolls or arabesque patterns.
- Of Near Eastern inspiration are the arabesques, ogees, scrolls, and flower heads outlined in raised gold paste.
- Other panels are decorated with arabesques consisting of delicate scrolls incorporating stylized sunflowers and anthemia rendered in very thin lines of ivory-colored paint.
- The curtain's incised pattern of soft green, stemlike arabesques recalls 19 th-century wallpaper design and, at the same time, snakes or lizards curling into themselves.
- Add to this a loose, flowing pattern of arabesques and vines, rendered in paint and other mediums.
- Cassatt's color prints, with their spatial compression, play of abstract patterns, bold blocks of color, and arabesque lines, fulfilled the conditions of this new symbolist art.
- He draws arabesques with charcoal and thinned black acrylic, creating labyrinths of interconnected markings often structured by a loose grid.
- In some paintings this element takes the form of a single continuous line, while in others it includes shorter line fragments drifting off as disembodied arabesques.
- Such circles and lines, plus arabesques and rectilinear passages, occur in most of the work that follows.
- A single-panel work has arabesques of vines and blooms surrounding the word ‘OOPS!’
- These elements are set against a large field in shades of pink, swept with arabesques of grays and dashes of white, sometimes with light impasto in the brushwork.