Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(street/square) con soportales(shopfront) con arcos
- The Hollies, with arcaded brickwork arches at the front, has two reception rooms and a ‘dairy ‘or pantry that could be turned into a utility room.’
- The modern farm has no place for the 19 th-century classic steading, built to a formula with arcaded cart sheds, threshing mill, barn, byres and cattle court around a U-shaped courtyard.
- The most important room on view is the Harem, a compound of around 300 shining tiled chambers on several levels, connected by arcaded courts and fountain gardens.
- Yet the ballroom's lofty wood-panelled ceiling and tall seaward windows, along with an adjoining dining hall and arcaded veranda, do evoke another more gracious age.
- The arcaded splendour of the Piazza del Duomo seemed to effortlessly shrug off the scaffolding in place when we visited - testament to the awesome power of the place.