The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of archiduque
- The next year the death of the emperor Joseph brought the archduke Charles to the imperial throne.
- Once at a cocktail do in one of the vast reception areas where archdukes had cavorted, he languidly asked me to fetch him a canapé.
- It may not be a money-spinner - conventional hoteliers would balk at the thought of changing the flowers or turning paying guests away on a whim - but if archdukes are sleeping in your bedrooms and Sean Connery's in the bar, who cares?
- I have learnt the correct forms of address for archdukes and archbishops.
- He was commissioned by the archduke Rudolf to carry out fieldwork in Bosnia and Hercegovina, but his publications of South Slavic folklore were severely criticised by contemporary scholars.
- In April 1701 an Austrian Habsburg army invaded Lombardy, bent on conquering Milan for the archduke Charles, Leopold's second son.
- His sudden departure from the Chapel Royal was resented by James I, who caused him to be dismissed from the archduke's chapel.
- If Philippe refused this offer - if France opted for the existing partition agreement - then the entire inheritance would automatically be offered to archduke Charles, second son of emperor Leopold.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!