Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Additionally, the installation of fences enclosing the areaway is alien to this neighborhood.
- Haks then prepared designs for abandoned vaults or areaways in need of remedial construction.
- An egress window with any point of clear opening below adjacent grade shall be provided with an areaway in accordance with this section.
- The best approach is to conceal the light source by locating it on short, hood fixtures attached to areaway walls or installed in the ground in shrub or plant beds.
- On the north side of the building, waterproofing of areaways will narrow the southern-most College Walk lane, but it will remain open at all times.
- These conduits will extend into the areaway running south below the portico, within the gravel fill, and into the existing underground tunnel at the southeast corner.
- The two areaways which remain, under Broughton and Broad Street sidewalks, provide a unique opportunity for the city to illuminate purple glass from underneath at night.
- This basement area extends under the sidewalk as an areaway, which is lit from glass lights in the sidewalk above.
- The space was designed for active use and finished with decorative tiles on the floor of the areaway - many of these tiles are still evident.
- The areaway of the Europe Hotel, along with those of the Sam Kee Building, are the most unique and historically significant in the city.