Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- It is the sixth most abundant gas in the atmosphere after nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, and neon.
- Initially, I guessed and told her they might package the salad in an inert or nonoxygen atmosphere of nitrogen or maybe argon.
- Gas lasers use gases such as argon, carbon dioxide, neon, and nitrogen.
- This makes carbon dioxide the fourth most abundant gas in the atmosphere after nitrogen, oxygen, and argon.
- Additions of oxygen, carbon dioxide, or nitrogen to argon gas will usually cause porosity or erosion of the electrode.
- By surrounding hot metals with inert argon, the metals are protected from potential oxidation by oxygen in the air.
- As the potassium decays into another element, argon, over incredibly long timespans, dates could be established.
- It combines easily and even explosively with every other element except helium, neon, and argon.
- The interior of the bulb is filled with a gas, such as argon or nitrogen.
- Rayleigh is perhaps most famous for his discovery the inert gas argon in 1895, work which earned him a Nobel Prize in 1904.
- The atmosphere of the earth, we now know, contains far more oxygen or far less argon (whichever way one likes to put it) than does Mars.
- Other gasses - such as argon and krypton - can be used in the space between the glass panes instead of air.
- Ramsay realized that argon and helium might be members of a hitherto unsuspected new group in the Periodic Table.
- Port-wine stains and other vascular lesions are commonly treated by argon, copper vapor or pulsed dye laser.
- There is surprisingly little oxidation of the image, and the institute will be keeping it in a box filled with inert argon gas.
- The solvents were evaporated under reduced argon atmosphere, until a thin film formed.
- In fact, argon is the third most prevalent gas in the atmosphere, making up nearly 1% of it.
- Most readers know that gas divers tend to use an Argon suit inflation system to combat the heat loss due to helium and there is no reason why argon shouldn't be used during cold water diving.
- In the second experiment, the team sent the benzene beam through a velocity selector and into a chamber of neon or argon gas.
- Argon dating requires all sorts of assumptions about starting amounts of argon, rates of change and limits on outside factors.