The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of árido
- However, from Karadi to Dandi, the land is arid and the vegetation scrubby.
- The arid climate makes the desert the best outdoor setting to keep planes free of corrosion.
- The arid land of this autonomous republic supports a nomadic lifestyle.
- Ethanol has also been found to contribute to smog in arid climates due to its volatile nature.
- The arid climate would easily sap the nutrients and moisture out of them.
- From the arid climate of the Sahara to the cold wastes of Siberia, man has learnt how to cope in a wide variety of ways with the effects of the atmosphere.
- Next I'll tell you about my travels to the arid lands south-east of the great Kalahari desert.
- Intensive irrigation would reshape arid lands and revolutionize rural life.
- The inhabitants are dependent on crop farming which is difficult in the arid land.
- In the United States, such features show up sporadically in arid lands from New Mexico to Idaho.
- In fact, she says, half of the water used in that arid climate is for lawns.
- Communities in arid climates often implement strategies for dealing with a lack of rainfall.
- Its feedstock is a special variety of rapeseed bred to do well in the arid climate of southern Colorado.
- These findings are in contrast to earlier work that indicated an arid climate.
- Indeed, dry and warm storage frequently promotes after-ripening of seeds in species of warm and arid climates.
- It is an arid climate with a few registered inches of rainfall in a normal year.
- After filming he headed for Namibia, wanting to be in a dry hot and arid climate after four months on a boat.
- As the sun sets on a bleak plain in the arid Karoo region, the temperature plummets to below freezing.
- The arid desert climate gets little rainfall, but the Rio Grande provides water for irrigation.
- Hemp grows in virtually all conditions from arid desert to more temperate climes.
2(subject) árido(life) vacío(life) estéril
- Human stories are more interesting than an arid study of theology.
- Yoga classes without this element seem to me arid and dull.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!