The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1he's very good at arm-wrestling — es muy bueno echando pulsos
- The team was also delighted to learn that a future world arm-wrestling championship would be held in Manchester.
- Even though the rugby suffered, there was something epic about it - like that marathon arm-wrestling encounter in Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea.
- Girls grappled in arm-wrestling matches as others traded shy or swaggering kisses.
- Strength, power and dignity - these are the holy trinity of arm-wrestling and the greatest of these is strength.
- She wouldn't kill a fly, being all vegetarian and whatever, but I never beat her in a single match of arm-wrestling.
- If you can beat me at arm-wrestling, then maybe you'll have a chance.
- Why do you always let me beat you at arm-wrestling, and hug me like a wild bear?
- A brother and sister arm-wrestling duo is proving a handful for opponents after walking away with a clutch of top titles.
- O'Neill's New York FBI team was at the center of bureaucratic arm-wrestling over who would head the 1998 investigation into the embassy bombings in East Africa.
- High arms, jersey-tugging and arm-wrestling have turned football into a shambles.
- The delays in winning UN approval are likely to infuriate the hawks in Washington, although military planning for an invasion is steaming ahead even amid the diplomatic arm-wrestling.
- Her graceful form, which bodybuilding audiences had not seen onstage since 1984, belied her arm-wrestling and powerlifting experiences.
- The court may also decide the Constitutional rights at stake are too important to leave to military decision-making and political arm-wrestling.
- This threat has been around for some time now, as we have variously reported, but the response to date has been limited to diplomatic silence as arm-wrestling continues behind the scenes.
- There must be few people left who believe the outcome will be settled by arm-wrestling between twin researchers and their critics.
- I can't win anything more than arm-wrestling against Seth, and Jake can't even do that.
- So expect a lot of arm-wrestling between now and the end of negotiations.
- At one point, Santiago fell into a daydream about an arm-wrestling match he'd had as a young man.
- The loser of the arm-wrestling had to throw the winner's shoe over my cousins' house.
- Grace stood up, grabbing her food; she made her way over to the gaggle of men that had gathered to watch the arm-wrestling.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!