Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Ten years after the end of the Cold War, the threat of a nuclear Armageddon has receded, but the collapse of world communism and its repercussions are still works in progress.
- With no choice but retaliation a nuclear Armageddon ensued.
- In addition, some of the economic arguments proposing financial Armageddon if we vote no are unfounded.
- Alternative Armageddons supplanted the mushroom cloud and the nuclear winter.
- The end of the Cold War lowered the threat of nuclear Armageddon and brought an end to many of the proxy wars through which the two sides struggled to exert their influence.
- Although the threat of nuclear Armageddon weighed heavily on everyone's mind during the Cold War, by the 1970s the confrontation between the United States and the Soviet Union was well organized.
- During the Cold War, the unthinkable was nuclear Armageddon.
- Although the impact on New Zealand of an economic Armageddon is unclear; (it will be bad, but how bad)?
- Hints of future extreme paranoia had already begun to manifest themselves in his behaviour, as in 1962 he fled to Brazil to escape what he feared was an impending nuclear Armageddon.
- He can see an impending economic Armageddon (with a bit of poetic licence) and is doing his best to make the world change its ill ways.
- British politicians of the 1930s looked upon the prospect of air war in the same way those of a later generation would fear nuclear Armageddon.
- If economic Armageddon is indeed upon us, then the weak dollar won't be good.
- That nation is on the brink of economic Armageddon and so might we be.
- Now the Free Trade Agreement is signed, sealed and rubberstamped, we will see for ourselves who was right - those who argued Nirvana or those who warned of economic Armageddon.
- Brian Cathcart's The Fly in the Cathedral does little to allay the fear of nuclear Armageddon, delving into the discovery of the nucleus and the team that split the atom in 1932.
- To Morris now, he offers homilies about the menace of nuclear Armageddon.
- When war came in 1914, both sides fought shy of an Armageddon of the battlefleets, not least because of the grave consequences of losing such a clash.
- According to the Book of Revelations, the final battle in the history of the future will be fought on an ancient battlefield in northern Israel called Armageddon.
- Firstly, the plains of Armageddon are where a great mass of armies will gather, not fight.
- Israeli archaeologists on Saturday said they had discovered what may be the oldest Christian church in the Holy Land on the grounds of a prison near the biblical site of Armageddon.