Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1Physiologyaxila femininesobaco masculine
- Doctors ask about symptoms and examine for swelling of the liver, spleen, and lymph glands in the armpits, groin and neck.
- Sometimes your eyelashes, eyebrows, armpit, pubic and other body hair also falls out.
- The rash is greasy and affects the scalp, face, armpits, groin and skin below the breasts.
- There are higher concentrations of sweat glands in the armpits, hands, feet and forehead.
- These may be scattered all over the skin, but occur most frequently in the armpits, groins and thighs.
- Some individuals also may have weakness in one arm or leg if tumors grow in nerves in the armpit or groin.
- If you notice a red spot close to the tick bite or develop a rash around your armpit, groin and thighs or a flu-like illness after being bitten, see your GP.
- Moles can be present in more obscure locations as well - including on your scalp, under your nails, in your armpits and around your genitals.
- A child may also develop freckling in the folds of the skin of the armpit or groin or on other parts of the body where the skin creases.
- The smell is made by the bacteria that feed on this sweat, which comes from the apocrine glands in the armpits and groin area.
- Often the lymph glands in the armpit are removed at the same time.
- Lymph nodes, containing lymphatic fluid, are part of the immune system, and when swollen they feel like round bumps on your neck, armpits and groin.
- Young children usually get the rash on their hands, feet, armpits, and sometimes their scalp and face.
- It is most commonly found in the armpits, groin, between the buttocks and under the breasts.
- Hair that's not in your armpits or pubic area should be very fine, even if it's darker.
- The most common sign of food allergy is inflamed, itchy skin, usually around a pet's feet, face, ears, armpits, and groin.
- Hyperhidrosis commonly affects the palms of the hands, the soles of the feet, or the armpits, but in a small number of patients it occurs over the whole body surface.
- Breast cancer treatment often involves the removal of lymph nodes in the armpit.
- Sometimes it can be found in your armpit, above your collarbone or down as far as your abdomen.
- The symptoms of plague were swollen lymph nodes in the armpits and groin known as buboes, hence Bubonic Plague, and death followed within hours or a few days at the most.
2US informal(place)lugar de mala muerte masculine
- Your dismal little country in the armpit of Nowhere.
- Humorist Gene Weingarten visits Battle Mountain, Nevada and describes how the "Armpit of America" grows on him. [washingtonpost.com]