The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de selección
1(range, display)selección femeninodespliegue masculinoa wonderful array of exotic dishes — una selección de platos exóticos que era una fiesta para los ojos
- a whole array of tricky issues — toda una serie de problemas peliagudos
- Judges sit in the audience looking at an impressive array of films ranging from TV commercials to animation for the Internet, from episodes of TV series to indie works.
- The FanFest is part museum, part amusement park and part carnival, with a vast array of displays, presentations, games and interactive activities.
- It has performed a vast array of productions ranging from drama plays, cabarets, pantos, and Gilbert and Sullivan Operettas to hit musicals like Carousel, Anything Goes and My Fair Lady.
- One such fair, the 21st Ideal Home Exhibition organised by the MADITSSIA at the Tamukkam grounds, displayed a vast array of products.
- Close followers of her career will be surprised at her move into journalism - although she has always displayed a vast array of talents.
- The Irish Wildlife Trust marquee housed a vast array of displays and information stands.
- Yesterday's event saw an impressive array of artists, who displayed a range of activities that will be on offer.
- With a vast array of produce on display, the customers were left with no shortage of items to purchase.
- Upon dialing the correct sequence on the keypad, Allison pulled open the doors to display the vast array of torture weapons Division 6 had to offer.
- Orchids display a vast array of floral morphologies and pollination mechanisms, unparalleled in any other angiosperm family.
- An impressive array of data shows that Canadians live longer, healthier lives than we do.
- Card holders are being given an array of choices ranging from discounts at select eateries in major cities to free holidays for the family.
- The gallery has an impressive array of old masters on display, including works by Rembrandt, Poussin, Rubens, Canaletto and Gainsborough.
- Shleifer and Treisman marshal an impressive array of evidence to demonstrate how far Russia's economy has come under Putin.
- She assembled an impressive array of photographs and memorabilia from the former residents and their descendants.
- Given the vast array of choices we face-and the wide variety of consequences that flow from our choices-is it possible that the Scriptures can teach us how to make good decisions?
- Thanks to modern technology, we have a vast array of lighting choices open to us which may make the project seem confusing.
- She has brought an impressive array of films to Edinburgh, including LA Confidential, Nil By Mouth and Ratcatcher.
- The children were greatly impressed with the vast array of technology onboard.
- Despite the impressive array of speakers that had been assembled from youth movements throughout Britain and Europe, there was little disagreement or debate from the panel.
- a whole array of tricky issues — toda una serie de problemas peliagudos
2Informática Matemáticasmatriz femenino
- The new sensor allows the user to communicate with each sensor element of the array by computer.
- Wolfram first formulated these ideas in studies of cellular automata - geometric arrays of minimalist computing elements, called cells.
- A SAN is composed of servers or workstations and storage devices such as disk arrays or tape subsystems that are connected by a network infrastructure.
- The movement of data directly from disk arrays to and from automated libraries across a dedicated network for backup and recovery applications is highly desirable.
- The solutions in the patch are processed utilizing a unique nanotechnology that puts the materials into an organic array or matrix.
- A matrix is a rectangular array of symbols, usually numbers, neatly arranged in columns and rows.
- Equivalently, physicists can represent a given quantum system by a matrix - a square array of whole numbers.
- He describes matrix multiplication (which he thinks of as composition so he has not yet reached the concept of matrix algebra) and the inverse of a matrix in the particular context of the arrays of coefficients of quadratic forms.
- At each step of the algorithm, one should rescale constructed arrays to prevent numerical underflow.
- So, for N = 5, there would be 125 numbers in the array and the sum of each row, column, and diagonal would be 315.
3Militarformación femeninoin battle array — en orden de batalla
- His legionnaires marched in full battle array, incorporated an advance guard, and maintained tactical integrity on the move.
- Gone is the need for massed arrays of troops in static positions waiting to confront a Soviet attack in Western Europe as during the Cold War years.
- Military forces conducting operations must anticipate encountering an array of friendly, hostile, and neutral persons within the three blocks.
- Currently, the brigade commander lacks sufficient depth in his maneuver array.
- These other modifications include using different engines, not fitting the complete BDD armor arrays, and the application of the initial version of Kontakt ERA.
- Soldiers would then execute reflexive fire and close combat assault courses that included urban scenarios, IEDs and moving target arrays.
- Tank crews that engage friendly or civilian target arrays will receive zero points for the entire engagement.
4literario(attire)in their full array — en traje de gala / ceremonia
- Behind these were many ranks of pixies, gnomes and nymphs, and in the rear a thousand beautiful fairies floated along in gorgeous array.
1(spread out)exponerexhibirpresentar(troops) formar
- Should we give up because powerful forces are arrayed against us?
- He knows that vast forces are arrayed against him.
- These forces were arrayed across the battle-space in three forward operating bases, separated by approximately 40 kilometers.
- The forces of the state should be arrayed against the forces of evil, but the state often benefits from actions by evildoers in order to enrich or bring glory to its leaders.
- The majority of security forces were arrayed at the four gates covering access points to Camp Hunte.
- Hammers and anvils were arrayed in neat lines while stocky men in the background sweated over their jobs.
- The more powerful the force arrayed against them, the more likely Iraqi commanders will realize that resorting to chemical or biological weapons will not stave off defeat but simply put them before a tribunal once the war is over.
- The main portion of the Greek army arrived in the city before the Persians could land and seeing the forces arrayed against them, they sailed away.
- The largest concentration of forces arrayed against Iraq is in Kuwait.
- Large, plush armchairs were arrayed around coffee tables.
- Even if some prisoners had seized their guards' weapons, as US officials and the media claim, they did not have the manpower or ammunition to hold out against the tanks, jets and the superior ground forces arrayed against them.
- Good ideas and shared impulses can generate ‘soft power’ of their own, even when arrayed against the forces of empire.
- Throughout history, slaves have fashioned strategies of resistance that usually reflected a realistic assessment of the daunting forces arrayed against them.
- The forces arrayed against us would wither before a unified, spiritually fortified, determined people.
- Cinna's consular colleague Cnaeus Carbo was in overall command of the forces arrayed against Sulla when he landed at Brundisium in 83.
- These, together with the corporate-controlled media, are the forces arrayed against the striking workers.
- You would find faith and righteousness arrayed against the forces of darkness and ignorance, tyranny and disbelief.
2(attire)to be arrayed in sth — ir ataviado / engalanado con algo
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!