Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- They're not completely arrhythmic, the rhythms are just highly unconventional, often with different parts playing in different time signatures.
- His eyes were darting around frantically, his left leg bounced with a steady, arrhythmic, annoying rhythm and he was wringing his hands consistently.
- Featuring only Spencer Seim's erratically melodic guitar and Zach Hill's pummeling, rhythmically arrhythmic drums, Hella has enough energy to power a small town, or at least get a few folks convulsing in reaction.
- Somewhat infelicitous and arrhythmic on paper, the pledge is powerful when chanted out loud by thousands.
- Even the most arrhythmic Luddite has to cheer up when suddenly confronted with the Dr Who theme.
- Meanwhile, the software applies various ‘error correction’ techniques to prevent an onslaught of arrhythmic noise, unless of course that's the goal.
- The note-taking during the reading of the Flusser book enabled me to overcome the travel sickness in the arrhythmic opening movement that is inevitable in an unfamiliar book.
- Iverson's Cheney Pinata is a lopsidedly bouncy Latin piece, with the pianist splicing complex, arrhythmic lines into spaces they shouldn't fit.
- By the end of the piece, they are more apparent than they were at the start, since listeners take the arrhythmic nature of speech for granted.
- As Wilson sits, singing from a pair of lyric prompters, he gesticulates in an arrhythmic, unsettling fashion.
- The editing is arrhythmic - it somehow feels cut all wrong, like there's no breathing room.
- O'Brien's stodgy, arrhythmic prose never brings its subject to life.
- This fidgeting included absent-minded arhythmic key rattling, and moving repeatedly in his seat.
- Thus his playing, metrical but superficial and arrhythmic, astounds not for its virtuosity, but for precisely the opposite: an ignorance of what rhythm is all about.
- We start our trek with some arrhythmic percussion.
- All three tracks attract dramatic arhythmic percussion like filings round a magnet.
- Now, it's just words, torrents of them, stubbornly arrhythmic at times and other times too clinical to have any emotional impact.
- Other songs branch off down these individual tributaries: ‘High on the Mountain of Love’ is an avalanche of sound; unwieldy and arrhythmic, the only thing certain about it is its persistent, all-encompassing forward momentum.
- ‘Mäander’ is an incredible, multi-layered sound world of 4 or 5 layers of clarinets that is atonal, arrhythmic, ominous, and funereal.
- Failing to understand or convey anything of the philosophy behind the notes, his performance was consistently stiff, hard and frankly arrhythmic.