Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1arrurruz masculinemaranta feminine
- Indian / South Sea / Polynesian / Tahiti / Hawaii arrowroots are from Tacca leontopetaloides (or, possibly, close relations) One Hawaiian name is pi (not the same as the better-known poi, which is a starch made from taro).
- From 1879 he grew trial crops of coffee, sugar cane, tobacco, arrowroot, rice, peanuts, tea, cotton and other tropical crops.
- Local staples include breadfruit, arrowroot, pandanus, and taro, and are now supplemented with imported rice, flour, and sugar.
- To the South the situation was no different, sugar, bananas and tourism to one extent or the other, save and except the occasional added exotic oddity such as nutmeg, other spices and arrowroot.
- Arrowroot, a major cash crop, is used in desserts, including arrowroot sponge cake and arrowroot custard.
- Hit by stagnating prices, thousands of growers have cut down their banana trees and replaced them with plantains or arrowroot.
- The latest dates for the information on arrowroot, cocoa and nutmeg were 1961, 1984 and 1993, respectively.