The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de artillería
- From ahead came the rumble of heavy artillery fire off to the west and the east.
- British forces took its airport and a bridge, but Iraqi forces resisted with artillery and heavy machine guns.
- Thousands were killed from heavy artillery fire and constant aerial bombardment by the Nazis.
- More important, the army was short on arms and munitions, particularly machine guns and heavy artillery.
- Most of the shells fired by artillery guns were high explosive shells which could throw shrapnel over a wide distance in the trenches.
- The two sides have exchanged heavy fire using guns, artillery and mortars.
- The sound of heavy artillery fire could be heard from the fringes of the city, but there was no sign of US forces.
- At Flushing the commandos began landing before dawn after a heavy artillery bombardment on the port.
- Fire delivered by artillery and tanks formed the backbone of the antitank defense.
- Due to their positions, standing patrols are ideal for controlling artillery and mortar fire.
- The use of machine guns and heavy artillery consumed infantry offensives like bundles of straw in a furnace.
- Some artillery guns fired white phosphorous rounds that create a screen of fire that cannot be extinguished with water.
- The attack on Rommel's lines started with over 800 artillery guns firing at the German lines.
- When we reached about the halfway point, then the mortar and artillery fire started falling.
- We could hear the machine guns and the heavy artillery booming and they told us to march.
- Modern categories of artillery fire solid shot, shrapnel, or explosive shells.
- Sarin gas was fired in artillery shells and rockets into heavily forested terrain.
- A huge number of artillery shells were fired into the area around Vimy Ridge.
- On the rest of the front there was intermittent artillery fire.
- The night here is punctuated by artillery fire and that fire was coming from the east.
2(branch of army)the artillery — la artillería
- The mortar platoon is the personal artillery battery for the battalion commander.
- Together with the armour, artillery and infantry, the Royal Engineers form one of the combat elements of the army.
- Reinforced with artillery the Kwantung Army tried again on 23 July, but were again checked.
- Perhaps surprisingly Fueter also held the rank of colonel in the artillery of the Swiss army.
- Her husband is also on active military service with the 9th artillery regiment.
- The French were handicapped by their lack of artillery and cavalry, which had ensured the success of the column elsewhere.
- While the Army tends to view air power as merely an air artillery, the Air Force looks at itself as a strategic force.
- More than 300 gunners from seven artillery units lined the road outside the cathedral.
- Coalition ground forces wanted air support to take out harassing enemy artillery.
- One month was spent practicing this tactic combining infantry, tanks and artillery.
- During the second world war he served as a gunner in the South African artillery throughout the Italian campaign.
- The authors are experienced artillery officers who subsequently became military historians.
- A good part of their infantries were pulled out, but more of their armour and artillery came in.
- Joseph Tilly was a military man and became a lieutenant in the artillery.
- Our own artillery had to run up a good distance to get in range of the enemy artillery.
- Hanoverian artillery cut the Jacobite troops to pieces, and Culloden was a slaughter.
- To train your artillery to fire on command, you'll need to take matters into your own hands.
- Russian artillery on surrounding hills fired hundreds of shells in between the jet attacks.
- The Mahratta artillery opened fire at close range with grapeshot and chainshot, doing terrible execution.
- Likewise, other artillery and light artillery companies from both flanks of the city began to fire.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!