Learn English Grammar From A–Z
adjective artier, artiest
- Their songs sound a tad pretentious and arty now, but you can't go wrong with the music and energy.
- I know it might seem a bit pretentious, a bit arty, but to me they are Nordic gods.
- Bunker is chic and arty without being too pretentious, and its friendly, laid-back vibe is infectious.
- There are plenty of visual stunts, but this is always more than an arty display of technical ingenuity.
- It is not artsy or pretentious, yet it crackles with poetic genius.
- Punch Drunk Love is quirky and stylish, but not in a manner that comes across as overly artsy or pretentious.
- You don't want to be too overambitious and be accused of being pretentious and too artsy.
- Rich has swapped daring disco days for mediocre middle-age, a comfort zone of arty films and fruity red wines.
- They had arty foreign films playing on big screens throughout the venue.
- Where am I going to go now to get all those arty, cultured links that make me appear much more well-read and erudite than I really am?
- One imagines an arty, cultured childhood, with a genius typing away furiously at the top of the house.
- She's the one who frequents the repertory cinemas watching obscure, artsy flicks and documentaries.
- Going to see Cirque du Soleil is downright artsy and cultural, and it's fun and exciting.
- To tell you the truth, I really enjoy going to the cinema and I enjoy going to see the big blockbusters and the smaller, more arty films as well.
- Maybe he was afraid his film wasn't yet arty enough for the poseurs at the festivals.
- The film is self-consciously artsy and becomes a little trying at 63 minutes.
- I suppose somewhere is a foreign film buff who likes artsy films that don't have to mean what they say they mean.
- I do not usually sit down and watch The English Patient or other such artsy films.
- Even if you have a problem with all of the arty pretension, there's some great drums at the very least.
- The Past Presents The Future is the perfect soundtrack to an arty love story flick about hip kids falling in love.