The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Do you want to see more experimentation or do you wish I'd just wander around town with a digital point-and-shoot like I did in the old days, and forget all about the arty-farty nonsense?
- When that whole emphasis on arts was brought in five years ago, everyone pooh-poohed it as being, you know, arty-farty nonsense.
- It's just artsy-fartsy moviemaking nonsense.
- Nursing the wounds of the split, the group has reformed and settled in Oakland, California, a place a little more welcoming to artsy-fartsy oddball bands than, say, Alabama.
- Another piece of arty-farty claptrap explained that this was ‘to prompt ideas about the relationship between displacement and governance‘.
- They live in some airy-fairy arty-farty parallel universe in which the world is seen as owing writers a living - and a very handsome living at that - so long as they ‘express themselves’.
- I don't think it would go down very well and would be seen as another arty-farty scheme.
- After checking in with the receptionist, I was directed to sit next to one of those pieces of modern installation art you typically see around arty-farty offices of late.
- It sounded like the sort of soaring, gorgeous, melancholy stuff Radiohead used to write before they got too arty-farty to bother with tunes.
- It would entirely upset my long-term image as an arty-farty anarchist.
- I don't see many arty-farty bodies supporting, say, writers of romantic fiction.
- I even remember following through on an artsy-fartsy project in some kid's magazine that called for gluing spools together and painting them to make figures.
- I don't think people in general realize just how artsy-fartsy Edmonton is. [Edmontonians are] so hip and so culturally aware.
- We're having a good time, talking about the usual artsy-fartsy stuff we always do.
- He merely finds it difficult to understand what the two of them, the light-headed rich daughter and the arty-farty, pseudo-intellectual woman about town, see in each other.
- One trait of his that I did find annoying however, was his consistent response to what he called airy-fairy or arty-farty explanations of how things worked.
- Certainly, I found it convincing when I saw it - if a bit too arty-farty in the direction department.
- Occurring twice a year, in both the spring and the fall, this outdoor festivity with all of its artsy-fartsy paintings and peculiar handicrafts was something I always welcomed.
- He then goes on to embellish the amorous moments with flowery, artsy-fartsy language to make it all sound oh-so-respectable and erotic.
- It might help Tanner score points with the theater elite if he were just a little more artsy-fartsy and didn't make what he does seem so effortless.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!